Think: Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Billy Blue College of Design, William Blue College of Hospitality Management, APM College of Business and Communication, Jansen Newman Institute and Southern School of Natural Therapies is a recognised Higher Education Provider. This means that eligible students have the opportunity to apply for the Australian Government FEE-HELP loan scheme. The government pays the amount of the loan directly to the student's higher education provider.
What is FEE-HELP?
FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible fee paying students to pay their tuition fees. Eligible person may borrow up to the FEE-HELP limit to pay tuition fees over their lifetime. In 2016, the FEE HELP limit is $99,389 for most students. For students undertaking medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses (as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003) the FEE HELP limit is $124,238. The FEE-HELP limit is indexed on 1 January each year (as measured by the CPI index). A loan fee of 25% applies to FEE-HELP loans for undergraduate courses of study only. Indexation and the loan fee do not count towards your FEE-HELP limit.
Students repay the loan to the Australian Government through the tax system once a student reaches the minimum income threshold level for repayment, which for 2015-16 is $54,126.
Am I eligible for FEE-HELP?
You are eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for a unit of study if you:
- are undertaking study with an approved provider or through Open Universities Australia (OUA);
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements;
- are enrolled in an eligible unit of study by the census date for the unit;
- are enrolled in a fee paying place for that unit;
- meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements;
- read the FEE-HELP information for 2016 booklet (the booklet) before completing and submitting a valid Request for FEE-HELP assistance form (the form) for the unit of study or the course of study by the census date; and
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit