Apply now as an international student to study in Australia. You can do this directly through Think Education or through your local education agent if you need some extra help.

How to apply

Find a local agent

Contact your local education agent who can help you to fill out an application form in English, give you visa advice, and answer any questions in your native language. Find an agent

Prepare your application yourself

Step 1: Choose a course

Select the Think Education course or courses you are interested in. Remember to check the course’s academic entry requirements. If you are not sure, or your country is not listed, please ask our friendly Course & Careers Advisers or contact your local education agent.

Step 2: Apply online

Apply to study in Australia by completing this short online form

If you prefer you can print and post the Think Education application form (PDF)

What happens next?

You will need to prepare the following documents to include in your application.

  1. Once your application is received a Course & Careers Adviser will contact you to confirm details and answer any questions you may have.
  2. They will then ask you to send your supporting documents.

Step 3: Prepare your supporting documents

You will need to prepare the following documents to include in your application.

  • Your academic qualifications. These need to be verified and signed by a Justice of the Peace (or your country’s equivalent) or by an approved Think Education representative such as a local education agent.
  • Details and proof of any work experience (if applicable)
  • IELTS or equivalent English test results
  • Course Credit Application form (if you have done previous study that is applicable)

Important information about English and translating documents

  • Documents in a language other than English should be submitted along with a translation from a certified translator.
  • Students who do not have English as their first language, or did not attend a school where English was the language of instruction, must supply certified documentation of English language proficiency which meets your chosen course’s minimum entrance requirements.
  • Please ensure all documentation is original or verified and attested by your local education agent or an authorised person such as a Justice of the Peace or the equivalent in your country.

Step 4: Send your documents to Australia or see your local education agent

Please send your completed application to:

Think Education Group
College International Admissions Team
P O Box 728
North Sydney NSW 2059
Fax: 61 2 99571811
Or take your application to your local education agent. Find an agent

What happens next?

  1. You will receive written notification of the outcome of your application. Successful applicants will be issued with a Letter of Offer, Written Agreement and a tax invoice for tuition fees (with a deposit request).
  2. You accept the Acceptance of Offer and Written Agreement by returning a signed copy via email or post to Think Education or returning these to your local agent.
  3. You will receive an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) confirming your place in your course.
  4. You apply for your student visa.
  5. You enrol in your subjects and start studying!

Need to learn or improve your English?

Think Education offers English language courses to help students who may not meet their chosen course’s minimum entrance requirements. You can also continue to study English while completing your course. Find an English language course.


Policies & Procedures

International students studying at Think Education can download the following forms.

Student Fees Policy

The Student Fees Policy contains information on refund guidelines for all potential and currently enrolled THINK domestic and international students.

Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS)

The ESOS Framework is a set of legal regulations related to international students studying in Australia on student visas. It sets guidelines and minimum standards to protect you as a student as well as protecting Australia's reputation for providing quality education and support services.

See all Policies, Procedures & Forms

Advice and regulations for international students

Get advice about preparing to study in Australia and about the Australian government’s regulations designed to protect international students on student visas.

What are the Australian government’s regulations?

The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Framework is a set of legal regulations related to international students studying in Australia on student visas. It sets guidelines and minimum standards to protect you as a student as well as protecting Australia's reputation for providing quality education and support services. It also provides tuition and financial assurance. You should review this information before entering into a contract with Think Education.

Visit the Australian government’s website on ESOS

Preparing to study in Australia

These short videos and handy checklists can help you feel better prepared for your life in Australia.

Before you enrol

Find out what to do before arriving in Australia, the importance of coming to orientation and your rights and responsibilities while studying and working on a student visa.

Watch video

Download checklist

Living in Australia

Get information about what will be discussed at orientation, our under 18 policy, and what it’s like to live in Australia.

Watch video

Download checklist

Your study choices

Hear about the rules and differences between online study and face to face courses. You will also learn about the different learning support services available which include academic tutors.

Watch video

Download checklist

Changing enrolment

Find out what you need to do if you have to take a leave of absence, change colleges or courses and what happens to your student visa if you stop studying.

Watch video

Download checklist

Attending class and progressing through your course

Listen to the rules about maintaining an acceptable attendance percentage and course progression and why it’s important to ask for help early.

Watch video

Download checklist

Making a complaint or appeal

Find out what to do to make a complaint or appeal and who to contact to help with the procedure. Provides an example and outcome of an appeal against a mark on an assignment.

Watch video

Download checklist

Student safety information

Watch an animated video highlighting key safety messages to keep in mind when travelling in Australia.

International student safety

Student visas

To study in Australia you must have a valid Australian visa. Student visas are temporary visas that allow you to come to Australia for a specified period to study. Some students may be eligible for Think Education’s Streamlined Visa Processing arrangement with the Australian government.

What is Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP)?

Under the streamlined student visa processing arrangements, eligible student visa applicants are assessed differently by the Australian government. Generally you will have less evidence-based requirements when applying for a student visa, regardless of your country of origin.

Who is eligible for SVP?

Student visa applicants with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from a Think Education college for the following courses are eligible for SVP.

  • Bachelor degrees
  • Pathways to Bachelor degrees - including English language courses and VET (diploma) courses which can be packaged with the eligible course at the time when your offer of enrolment is made. For example, if you only apply for a diploma level course, you will not be eligible for SVP. However, if you package a diploma level course with a bachelor level course, you will be eligible for SVP.

Visit the Australian government’s website for more information

How to apply for a student visa in Australia

Your application for a student visa can be lodged in person or through your local education agent.

Australian student visas have slightly different application requirements and assessment levels based on your country of citizenship and the level of study for your course in Australia.

You can read more about the Australian government’s visa rules here

You can work out what kind of visa you may be eligible for here.

Meeting your visa conditions

International students in Australia must meet the conditions of their visas throughout their entire study. The visa conditions attached to your visa are included with your visa when it is granted. Find out more about visa conditions for student visa holders.

Changing courses

If your student visa was granted under SVP, you are required to remain enrolled in a course that is eligible for SVP (or a course that leads to an eligible SVP course as part of a packaged offer). If you do change to a course that is not eligible for SVP, you must apply for a new student visa under the standard student visa assessment levels.

Failure to enrol in an SVP-eligible course or to apply for a new student visa is a breach of your student visa conditions and your student visa may be cancelled by the Australian government.

Learn more about changing courses and visas

Student visa living costs and evidence of funds

International students are required to demonstrate and/or declare that they have genuine access to sufficient funds to be granted a student visa under SVP. Funds should be sufficient to contribute to the cost of travel, tuition, school costs of any dependents, and living costs. It is important that you are familiar with the following links and you understand your obligations under your SVP visa conditions.

Living costs and evidence of funds

Overseas Student Health Cover

Partner colleges and universities

If you are studying at a university or college outside of Australia, you may be able to transfer to a Think Education college in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.

Think Education is passionate about reshaping education and creating a new era of thinkers. We believe that greater opportunities and generating and sharing ideas are possible by allowing students to move smoothly between institutions in their own country and our own.

Interested in studying in Australia?

If your institution is listed below, and you are interested in studying at a Think college, please contact our Course & Careers Advisers or find a local agent.

Partner institutions

Think Education has institutional alliances with many universities and colleges around the world.


EPHEC, Belgium:


Minerva/ DANIA:


ECS, France:


International Design School, Jakarta:

Nikki International Hotel School, Denpasar, Bali:




Westerdals School of Communication:

NKF, Norway:


Republic Polytechnic:

Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS):


Berghs School of Communication, Stockholm:


Rajamangala University of Technology Rattanakosin (RMUTR) Bangkok:

United States of America