VET STUDENT LOANS
HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
A VET Student Loan (VSL) assists students to cover tuition fees for Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses. VSLs are only available for approved courses at a Diploma level and above.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for a VSL, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- be an Australian citizen;
- be a qualifying New Zealand citizen;
- be a permanent humanitarian visa holder that usually resides in Australia
You must also provide evidence of one of the following:
- an Australian Year 12 Certificate of Education;
- a certificate of completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate IV or higher (where the course was delivered in English);
- completion of a Literacy, Language & Numeracy (LLN) test at an Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- After accepting a Letter of Offer from THINK Education you must wait 2 business days before you can apply for a VSL.
- After the 2 business days have expired, Think Education will advise the Australian Government that you wish to apply for a VSL and a Request for a VET Student Loan electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) will be emailed to you.
- The eCAF form must be completed and include a valid Tax File Number (TFN) OR a certificate of application for a TFN.
- Once the eCAF is submitted, you will receive an email confirming your loan approval.
WHAT IS THE LOAN CAP?
- You will be required to pay the difference (gap) between the HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing course fee and the VSL loan cap of $15,973 prior to trimester census dates.