Policies and Procedures
The Policy Library at Think Education contains helpful documents you can access and download. This material relates to Think Education’s policies and procedures, which are regularly reviewed and updated as part of our Continuous Improvement Strategy. As well as input from all departments at Think Education, we value feedback from our students.
For enquiries about the Policy Library or to provide us with your feedback about these documents, please email the Policy Team. Your comments will be considered at the next review.
For enquiries about how these policies apply to your own personal circumstances or to lodge a form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise directed by the relevant document.
Policies and Procedures
Principles governing the exercise of academic freedom at Think Education
Policy outlining Think Education's academic progression criteria and monitoring process.
AdmissionsPrinciples and requirements (e.g., admission criteria and pathways, English language proficiency requirements) relating to the entry of students into a course offered by Think Education.
- Admission Criteria for Think Education Courses
- International students Under 18 procedure
- Applying for entry into a Think Education course
- Application for Work Life Experience Form
Assessment and creditPrinciples, procedures and requirements for evaluating a student's achievement of the identified learning outcomes. It also includes requirements about requests for assessment modification, review of results and recognition of learning for previous formal, informal and non-formal learning.
- Examination Procedures
- Requesting a re-mark (HE/HELICOS) or re-assessment (VET)
- Word Count Procedure
- Application for Assessment Special Consideration Form
- Individual Assignment Coversheet
- Group Assignment Coversheet
Principles, procedures and requirements for students lodging a complaint or requesting a review of academic and non-academic decisions.
Conduct, misconduct and expectations of members of Think Education
Policies, procedures and expectations with respect to academic (ie. academic integrity) and non-academic conduct including policy and expectations when accessing Think Education's premises.
Copyright and intellectual property rightsPrinciples and requirements outlining Think Education's approach to ownership and commercialisation of intellectual property created by Think Education or with Think Education's resources, as well as Think Education's copyright obligations. Intellectual Property Policy
Principles and requirements to enable the full and equitable participation of students with disability.
Principles, procedures and requirements when enrolling in subjects and courses including deferring an offer to a course, taking leave of absence, transferring to another course, or withdrawing from a course or subject.
- Course Transfer
- Deferring Commencement of a Course
- Leave of Absence
- Procedure for Requesting Completion of the Department of Home Affairs Form 1545 (student visa extension)
- Procedure for Requesting Completion of the DHA Form 1545 (temporary graduate visa applicant - subclass 485)
- Withdrawing from a subject
- Withdrawing from a course
- Enrolling at Think Education
- International Student Study Load Reduction procedure
- International student transfer request procedure
- Application for Leave
- Course transfer Form
- Application for Timetable Change
- Application for Leave of Absence
- Application for Withdrawal
- Reduced Study Load Application Form
Policies, procedures and requirements about domestic and international students'fees including charges and refund.
- Refunds due to course cancellation (provide default)
- Refunds for domestic students in HELP/VSL enabled courses
- Refunds for domestic students in non-HELP/VSL enabled courses
- Refunds for International students
- Request for review of FEE-HELP/VSL determination
- Requesting refunds of other fees
- Application for Refund
- Application for Refund due to Extenuating Circumstances (for International Students only)
- Application for Refund due to Special Circumstances (post-census/ Domestic Students only)
Mandatory reporting for AHPRA-Accredited Courses
Policy and procedure outlining the process for reporting students undertaking AHPRA-Accredited Courses in line with the requirements of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (2009).